Yesterday we shared 5 Ways To Get Readers To Comment On Your Blog from Caroline Golon. Today, Yvonne DiVita shares her Top 5 Ways To Get Readers To Comment On Your Blog:
1. Make friends. People comment on blogs and connect to people they like. Use twitter and Facebook and your sparkling personality to support your friends – share their blog posts in tiny URLs and visit their Facebook pages to leave comments. They will do the same, for you.
2. Be original. Creativity can never be overemphasized. Follow in the steps of the Mentos guys. Add video to your blog – break out of your shell and share inspiring or educational content, be personable and friendly. Act as if you're speaking to the reader as an individual.
3. Share with your inner circle. Got a really fantastic, important post? Share it via email with a select group of your friends. "I just wrote a post on local shelters that go beyond the ordinary and I wonder if you have thoughts to share on this topic." Remember to thank people for their time, "Thanks for letting me share this with you today. Have a great one!" Don't ASK for the comment. Let them comment at will. (Caroline mentioned this also and we cannot express it strongly enough…never ask for comments!)
4. Interview someone. It doesn't have to be a celebrity (but it could be). A pet pal is fine. Find out what makes their blog tick and why they write it. They will share with their friends, and probably start the comment thread on your blog. Make sure you visit their blog post about the interview and thank them.
5. Post about a popular news topic: the bad economy and how it's affecting your budget; the oil spill and what you think should be done about it; a celebrity mishap involving pets; uplifting news from your local area – a feel-good story that has been picked up by national news resources. This not only invites comment, it attracts search engines that may send you more traffic.
Come on back tomorrow for Tom's Top 5 Ways to Get Readers To Comment On Your Blog.