post by Yvonne DiVita
I am not the one to answer the queston, "What will you learn at BlogPaws?" because… I helped plan it and I am hoping you'll learn a LOT!
However, since I was part of planning it, I'll give you my thoughts on what we have scheduled to share at BlogPaws…
1. You'll learn how to be a better blogger, whatever that means to you. Do you want to raise more funds for shelters? We'll have advice on that. Do you want to learn how to be more hands-on with shelters in your backyard? Our Resource Book will have good information on that. Do you want to write better, better inform your readers about a specific topic in animal care? We'll cover that. Do you want to monetize? Oh yes, we'll have some of that, too.
2. You'll learn how to create better pictures, videos and written content.
3. You'll learn how to write a book, publish it, create a DIY project for it, and build it into a brand.
4. You'll learn about branding. It's more than creating a logo and slapping it on your blog.
5. You'll learn about copyrighting – how to protect your work online. And, how to stay within the current FTC guidelines.
6. You'll learn how to hold contests – especially why rules are so important.
7. You'll learn how to create a FANTASTIC Flat Pet! If you already have one, be sure to bring him or her. They count too!
8. You'll learn how to use StumbleUpon more effectively.
9. You'll learn about the importance of credible sources and how/why it's important to cite them.
10. You'll get a clear handle on your analytics – if you're using analytics. If you're not, you'll learn why you should.
11. You'll learn strategy secrets.
12. You'll learn about niche blogging – what is it? How do you do it? Should you do it?
14. You'll learn new tools for increasing traffic (can you say Blog Hop?)
15. You'll learn how to create a sponsor or book proposal that will get noticed.
16. You'll learn a bit more about our community online and our partnership with BlogHer.
And, while you're learning all of this, you'll network, laugh, win prizes, meet new friends, meet sponsors you always wondered about, have a LOT of fun, and eat cheesecake. And, in the midst of it all, you'll be part of the BlogPaws' Be the Change for Pets movement – adding your voice and your participation to helping deserving shelters.
No other social media conference does what BlogPaws does. No other social media conference invites people to bring their pets. No other social media conference combines education with giving back, the way we do. And no other social media conference understands you, the way we do. Our venue and agenda were chosen because we asked and you answered… "give us this…" So we did.
BlogPaws 2011: a voice for pets and their people.
What do YOU believe attendees will learn at this year's BlogPaws Conference?
We're all ears!