Happy New Year! It’s going to be a “sweet” 16! Can you believe it’s actually 2016?! This is going to be your year to take your blog and business to the next level. How do I know this? Well, first of all I know that our pet bloggers are PAWesome. Secondly, the BlogPaws conference in Phoenix is going to be better than ever. Third, we are setting you up for success this year with all of the learning opportunities heading your way with the SLC!
We have been working like elves at the North Pole behind the scenes of the SLC! In January, we’ll be rolling out a webinar and workbook with (ready for this?!) actionable steps you can take to boost your blog traffic and get organized for the new year! In the meantime, here are ten actions you can do today on New Year’s Day to ring in 2016 on your blog.
- Reflect on all that you accomplished in 2015.
- Make a list of blogging resolutions for the new year.
- Check Google Analytics for your top ten posts from last year.
- Take out your editorial calendar and brainstorm new post ideas from that list in Analytics.
- Write a “Happy New Year’s” blog post with a round of up last year’s top ten posts.
- Do a blog audit and clean up any old posts or inactive links.
- Do a blog audit of your design and make sure all the navigation links are working and your about page is up to date.
- Ask your readers what they’d like to see more of from you in the new year.
- Schedule your social media posts for at least the first week of January so you can focus on writing new content.
- Take a New Year’s Day walk with your pets! Too cold? Snuggle up with your pets on the couch and just enjoy the moment!
How are you celebrating the New Year? What are you looking to accomplish as a pet blogger 2016?
Aimee Beltran is the Director of Community Education for BlogPaws. She also writes two blogs, Irresistible Icing and Irresistible Pets with her Chihuahua, Chuy. Aimee is passionate about her mission, “create an irresistible life you can’t resist!” She loves anything with glitter, kayaking, and spending time at the beach.