Guest post by Blog Manager Robbi Hess
You had a great time at BlogPaws, right? You handed out business cards, collected business cards, shook hands, petted pets and vowed to keep in touch. How's that working out? Have you connected? Here are some tips for post-conference follow up:
- Strike while the iron's hot. Sure, you're busy and trying to catch up from the conference but you need to contact those with whom you've connected — even if it's a brief email reminder with a promise of a longer communication at a later time.
- Remind the contact of who you are and how you met. If you've connected with people from PetSmart, for example, imagine how many people they talked with. Did you have a particular conversation that you can spark their memory with? If so, do that so they remember who you were and the reason for your connection.
- Even if you're a social media guru who is looking to pick up new clients, don't let that be your first communication with a contact — unless they specifically said, "Contact me about some work I might have for you."
- If you're Friending people on Facebook, make certain you send a personal message with it — again so they remember who you are and why you connected.
- Plan for meet ups for next year in Salt Lake City. BlogPaws 2012 will be here before you know it!
How far are you into your follow ups?