Halo, Purely for Pets (it's all natural, holistic food – in case you didn't know), surveyed over 1000 pet parents and this is a tiny bit of their results:
- 88.7% of pet parents plan to help their pets get more exercise. Here's how:
- 62.4% – more walks
- 68.3% – play with them more
- 30.3% – find a new game to play
- 2.9% – take a Doga class
- 1.9% – get into extreme sports
- 20.2% – go to the dog park more often
- 15.8% – run my cat up and down stairs
And, on weight loss….
45.9% plan to help their pets lose weight in 2012 by:
- 44.8% – feed better quality food
- 35.1% – feed less food
- 34% – give fewer treats
- 33% – give more nutritious treats
- 68.7% – get more exercise
- 10.9% – plan a program with their vet
to hear WHAT new tricks. We're struggling just trying to teach Emily to fetch a frisbee.
According to the survey results, "The biggest response was – Pet parents would like to spend more time
with their pets and love them even more than they did in 2011!"
Now, I can get behind that, how about you?