By Guest Blogger Sarah Clinton
If you’ve ever shared your home with a pit bull, you know there’s nothing like it. Pit bull owners face unique challenges, and enjoy unique benefits. Fortunately, those of us who are fans of these amazing dogs have lots of great resources available to us – from tips on socializing your dog, to tools to help combat breed discrimination in your community. Here’s my list of signs that you just might be a pit bull lover:
- You shop for your dog’s Halloween costume in the children’s department, rather than the pet section.
- Your house is “puppy” proof – and your dog is 6 years old.
- You’ve ever been jealous of your dog’s muscle tone.
- Your dog doesn’t fetch tennis balls – she chews them like gumballs.
- Your tug-of-war arm is noticeably larger than the other.
- Your dog has his own spot on the couch.
- You know which side of the bed your dog prefers.
- Your coworkers have heard so much about your “baby” that they are surprised when you show them pictures of a dog on your phone.
- Your neighbor buys expensive squirrel-proof bird feeders, while your yard remains squirrel-free.
- You can’t imagine life without a blocky headed, wriggling, grinning furkid.
At the Blog Paws conference this August, I’m extending an invitation to all pit bull owners and enthusiasts to get together for a short “meet and greet” session. I’d love to give everyone a chance to meet face to face to share stories and concerns, and to create a mini-community within the greater Blog Paws community.
Can’t wait to see you there!
Sarah Clinton is the Blogger-at-Large for RichmondPetLovers.com, the place for all things pet-related in the greater Richmond, VA area. When she’s not out having fun at one of the many pet events in Richmond, enjoying local pet-friendly attractions, or profiling fellow pet lovers, Sarah enjoys sharing the couch with a good book and her two pit bulls, Ernie and Dexter.