For me, one of the highlights of being your BlogPaws Campaign Manager is getting to know our community members, answering your questions, and building relationships with you. It’s never “work” if you love what you do!
Over the last seven months, since BlogPaws began using the TapInfluence platform to manage the sponsored campaigns we offer our community, I have had lots of conversations with many of you as well as the entire BlogPaws Executive Team about the benefits, best practices, and learning curves associated with using TapInfluence.
An important pillar of the BlogPaws culture is listening to what our community members have to say! In keeping with this core value, I have been compiling a list of the most frequently asked questions and the most common challenges our social media influencers have expressed. Today, I’m sharing some of the most popular topics that have come up in these conversations.
I hope this brief overview will be helpful to both new and seasoned users of TapInfluence. If you have questions or want information on other TapInfluence-related topics, be sure to let me know. Another one of these TapInfluence posts could be inspired by you!
- Emails from TapInfluenceWhen you have been chosen by a brand to participate in their campaign, you will be invited into the campaign on TapInfluence. These invitations come from TapInfluence, not me or any other BlogPaws email address. It is a good idea to adjust your email settings so that TapInfluence emails arrive in your inbox, not your spam, promotions, or junk folders!Best Practice Takeaway: Check your email settings today to make sure you don’t miss any sponsored campaign opportunities or other important information from TapInfluence!
- Applying for CampaignsWhen applying for a campaign, please provide the same email address you use for TapInfluence. BlogPaws uses the information on your application to locate you on TapInfluence and to invite you into the campaign. If the email address you are using for TapInfluence is different from the one you provide on your campaign application, we are unable to locate you in TapInfluence, which may result in a delay in being invited into the campaign!If you need to change the email address associated with your TapInfluence account, you can do so by adjusting your account settings on TapInfluence. This helpful tutorial from TapInfluence will guide you through changing your email address.
Best Practice Takeaway: When applying for a campaign, please provide the same email address on the application that you use to log into TapInfluence.
- Accepting Campaign InvitationsOne of the many benefits of TapInfluence is being able to choose your own due date from a list of available slots. The sooner you accept an invitation, the more choices you will have when selecting a date to publish your post. Also, these invitations automatically expire after 48 hours. For these two reasons, it’s best to accept your invitation as soon as it arrives. If you’re having a crazy week and your invitation expires before you can respond to it, please email me at Bernard@blogpaws.com.Best Practice Takeaway: When you receive an invitation from TapInfluence, please accept it as soon as possible!
- Why Do I Need to Verify My Blog Post URL?One of the most popular features of TapInfluence is being paid automatically via PayPal. Once you publish your blog post and verify your URL, TapInfluence “knows” that your post has been published, that you have completed the blog post assignment, and that you should be paid. If you do not verify your blog post URL, TapInfluence does not know that you have completed the assignment, which will result in a delay in being paid. Think of it this way: Verifying your post triggers TapInfluence to pay you, which is always a good thing!Best Practice Takeaway: Please verify your blog post URL immediately after publishing your blog post!
- How Do I Verify My Blog Post URL?If you are new to TapInfluence and are verifying a blog post for the first time, here are step-by-step instructions from TapInfluence to help guide you through the process. Of course, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or anyone on the BlogPaws team for help!Best Practice Takeaway: To double-check that your link has been verified, please navigate to MARKETPLACE → ASSIGNMENTS and make sure that your post is listed as “published”.
- Why Tracking Links Are Your Friend!On the assignment page for each campaign, you will find shortened tracking links for you to use in your blog post. These tracking links are unique to each influencer and allow TapInfluence to track click-throughs from your blog post to the corresponding website. Whenever someone clicks on one of the links in your blog post, the engagement on your post will increase!To use these links, simply click the link on TapInfluence, copy it and paste it directly into your blog post. Please do not paste it into a browser and then copy the complete URL as this will remove the tracking functionality. The tracking link on your blog should start with https://goo.gl followed by a series of letters. If inserted correctly, it will look something like this: https://goo.gl/WchYfP. NOTE: This link is just an example!
Best Practice Takeaway: To help increase your engagement on a blog post and the campaign overall, please use the shortened tracking links in your blog post. These links can be found in the “Brand URLs” section on TapInfluence.
- Technical IssuesAs bloggers and social media influencers, we know better than most people that technical issues will occasionally happen. If you encounter a technical issue while using TapInfluence, the best first step is to reach out to the TapInfluence support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. They are the ones who can determine the problem and help resolve it.Though no one on the BlogPaws team can’t fix these technical issues, I encourage you to let me know if you experience any technical difficulties and to also include me on any email you send to the TapInfluence support team. This will help stay on top of any potential issues
Best Practice Takeaway: Reach out to the TapInfluence support team with any technical questions that you have. They are very responsive and helpful!
If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions about TapInfluence or sponsored campaigns in general, please know that I am listening and I’m here to help. You can always email me at Bernard@blogpaws.com, even if it’s just to say hi!
In addition to his role as the BlogPaws Campaign Manager, Bernard Lima-Chavez is a deaf dog pet parent, blogger and freelance writer. He shares his life with with deaf dogs, two hearing dogs and a whole bunch of cats. You can find him at Dog & His Boy.