BlogPaws Frequently Asked Questions for our Sponsors
WHO ATTENDS BLOGPAWS CONFERENCES?
BlogPaws is a media company and online community site for pet bloggers, pet enthusiasts, pet and non-pet people on Twitter and Facebook and brands eager to tap into a growing, vibrant, vocal community of serious writers, bloggers, and tweeters. Our conference is one small way we work to bring brands and bloggers together to meet, talk, and learn. See below for more ways we bring brands and bloggers together.
WILL THERE BE PETS AT THE BLOGPAWS CONFERENCE?
Yes, we love the non-human variety and pets are welcome. Animals are allowed everywhere in the hotel except for the public food outlets – Starbucks, the bar and restaurant. However, they are welcome in ALL the BlogPaws rooms, including the meal room and the evening functions! There are always ‘talkers” at the event, so no worries!! You’ll see dogs, cats, ferrets, and other fascinating pets at every conference – this year we’re expecting a Capybara.
WHAT DO BLOGGERS EXPECT FROM THE BRANDS
AT A BLOGPAWS CONFERENCE?
Bloggers come to BlogPaws to meet each other (be prepared to engage with them on their level in the networking sessions, events, and Pawties), and to have a chance to actually talk to brand reps. They may ask hard questions. Be prepared to set up times to sit separately to discuss the hard questions, if you can’t answer them at your table. The bloggers want to see that you are true to your brand message – show them you are, don’t just tell them – show them.
WHAT SHOULD I, AS A BRAND, ASK BLOGGERS WHO VISIT MY TABLE?
- Ask about their blog, what they write about, who their target audience is
- Inquire about how your brand might fit into their focus
- Try and develop a relationship instead of just “selling”
- Ask about their pets and the pets in their blog/social media following
- BE sociable! That’s what it’s all about! (despite what you may have heard – the hokie pokie is not what it’s all about)
WHAT OTHER EVENTS WILL BE HAPPENING AT THE CONFERENCE?
- Thursday afternoon from 2-5 BlogPaws invites you to join Kenn Bell, Creator/Executive Producer of the website and video series, Dog Files and the Animal Planet Special, “Hero Dogs of 9/11,”for a three hour master class in planning, filming and editing emotionally compelling videos that will captivate your audience. Seating is limited and pre-registration is required. For more details email chloe (AT)blogpaws.com or yvonne (AT)blogpaws.com
- Following the workshop on Thursday, Tillman the skateboarding bulldog and Norman the scooter dog, will be performing. Don’t know who they are? See here
- At 8:00 pm on Thursday evening, Kenn Bell will show his film, “Here Dogs of 9/11” and two actual hero dogs will be in attendance. Copies of his video will be offered for sale.
- Friday night, Sarah Donner will entertain for a half hour, leading into our “Human Bingo” networking session. Copies of her DVD will be on sale at a table in the general session room, that night.
- Saturday night, June 23, we have the red carpet Nose-to-Nose Pet Blogger awards hosted by pet lifestyle expert, author, humanitarian and television personality, Wendy Diamond and sponsored by Halo, Purely Pets and FreeKibble.com.
- PLUS – this year, we have two Yoga sessions available with Robin Bisha in the Wasatch Room. Pets welcome! Check your schedule for times.
DOES BLOGPAWS GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY?
In three conferences, we’ve been able to donate $35,000 in dollars and pet products to rescues and shelters. Additionally, we are committed to supporting bloggers and pet enthusiasts everywhere, and brands that embrace our Be the Change for Pets channel .
BlogPaws continues to support many efforts across the web to help pets in need, working with our bloggers to bring attention to issues surrounding animal welfare and to show the world that “pets are people, too!”
WHAT MEALS WILL BE SERVED?
But, of course! Our Thursday reception will have plenty of finger food and hot and cold hors d’oeuvres. Each attendee will have one free drink ticket for that reception. Friday/Saturday morning we serve breakfast; Friday is plated lunch, Friday evening is light appetizers (Friday night is out on your own); Saturday morning we serve breakfast and a buffet lunch. The Red Carpet Awards event will be followed by a Pawty with hors d’oeuvres and another drink ticket, with a cash bar.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE AT A BLOGPAWS CONFERENCE?
The bloggers will sport business casual, or … just casual. These are pet parents – they dress accordingly. Except for the Red Carpet event for the Nose-to-Nose Pet Blogger Awards on Saturday night, where some folks may ‘dress up’, expect to see jeans and T-shirts. We encourage you to follow suit – the bloggers will think better of you for it! (Dressing like a corporate executive or PR rep tells us – that you don’t get us. Join the community and dress in your pet walking clothes!)
HOW CAN I STAY INVOLVED AFTER THE CONFERENCE?
BlogPaws is a 24/7, 365 social media company and interactive community that also hosts a yearly conference. Talk to us about our many year-round programs.
WHAT’S THE BUZZ ABOUT BLOGPAWS? IS THIS REALLY THE FOURTH CONFERENCE?
WHERE DO I FIND THE SCHEDULE | PROGRAM?
Just click here – everything you need to know about the program is here.
WHAT DO I GET FOR MY REGISTRATION?
We’re glad you asked. Here’s what your price of admittance gets you: Guess how much all of this is worth
ARE THE VETERINARY SESSIONS OPEN TO EVERYONE?
BlogPaws has a few vet world oriented sessions on Saturday, June 23, and all are welcome. These sessions are for all attendees BlogPaws.
WHICH SESSIONS DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR SPONSORS?
All of them. Oh – you don’t think you’ll be able to attend all of them? Okay. We recommend you view the program ahead of time, choose carefully, ask the bloggers who stop at your table, and take advantage of this opportunity to not only learn better social media skills, but to engage with bloggers away from the exhibit hall.
WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO AT BLOGPAWS?
This year, BlogPaws Announces the Catification Lounge, prepared and managed by Moderncat (Kate Benjamin) and Jackson Galaxy, sponsored by Zero Odor. We invite you to stop by the lounge and say hello, check out the décor, meet some kitties, perhaps, and definitely bump into bloggers. There will be a reception on Friday night, in the lounge, sponsored by Moderncat, where Jackson Galaxy will be Skyped in for some catification conversation – technology permitting!
HOW CAN A SPONSOR BE INVOLVED WITH BLOGPAWS & ITS INFLUENTIAL BLOGGERS,
ALL YEAR LONG?
As a growing media company serving the pet community, BlogPaws has various opportunities for brands to engage with our influential blogger community, both online and offline.
- Help you plan themed #BlogPawty events on Twitter that attract hundreds of bloggers and micro-bloggers and will help spread your brand message or new product launch
- Create exciting and extensive (short term over a week or two, or long term over several months to a year) blogger outreach programs to share information, support a product launch, and more
- Create fun Tweet-ups anywhere in the U.S. – we have bloggers on the ground in every major local here in the U.S.
- Work with you to host a Twitter chat – to share educational information and resources you want the pet community to know about
- Create a round-table discussion with your brand reps and a select group of influential bloggers to discuss the state of the blogosphere and pet people or whatever topics you wish
- Design a completely new program or project engaging the pet community for your brand needs
BlogPaws also is in soft launch of our new ad network where your ad can be placed across our network of influential bloggers, to gain the most visibility online. We are growing our network every day, adding new bloggers and new ways to share your content with them. Check in today to ask us about this exciting new program.