Is fear keeping you from launching your blog?
If so, you’re not alone.
Among the most common reasons people don’t start blogging, the number one is just that: fear.
But don’t let fear stop you from launching! Instead, face your fears head-on to keep them from stopping you from making your blogging dreams a reality. Let’s look at some of the most common blogging-related fears and how to tackle them so you can get back to doing the work!
Here’s how to start a pet blog… despite these 5 common fears:
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes! Why? Because you will make mistakes. Everyone does. You’ve like heard the adage, “If you’re not failing, you’re not trying hard enough.” Accept you’ll have some missteps on the journey, and just keep moving forward.
- Don’t worry that you don’t “know it all.” One of the truths about the blogging world is that things are constantly changing. Some who dream about starting a pet blog figure it’s best to wait until they have a full grasp of the technology or understand how to maximize their social strategy or develop a network of partners. The fear of not knowing “it all” or even “enough” could keep anyone from launching because there’s always more to learn. In fact, it’s a healthy mindset to approach your pet blog from a place of always learning.
- Don’t fear being too vulnerable. Many new pet bloggers are afraid to put too much out there. When it comes to blogging, though, the more authentic you are, the better! Dig more into the vulnerability of blogging, and don’t let it hold you back… it’s really a strength!
- Don’t be scared your niche is too crowded. Sure, there are probably other horse/hamster/black-cat-loving bloggers out there. But they don’t have your story to tell. You do. And there’s an audience out there waiting to read it. As Marie Forleo says, “The world needs that special gift that only you have.”
- What if no one reads my blog?!? This fear is pervasive, even among long-time content creators. The truth is that it takes a long time to build up a strong, loyal following. Your blog will probably start out with your mom and your best friend being your two most loyal readers, but with slow, purposeful effort, you’ll see growth.
The truth is that blogging takes time, effort, and hard work. Persevere despite your fears. And remember: Success won’t come overnight… but it won’t come at all if you don’t get started!
Ready to Start a Pet Blog? Get Our FREE Starter Kit!
We have put together the ultimate starter kit for pet influencers. This course includes the step by step process, action plans, resources, and much more to start a pet blog. This is THE starter kit for aspiring pet influencers! Join the BlogPaws SLC (it’s free!) to get access to the Pet Influencer Starter Kit. Plus, as a member of the BlogPaws SLC, you get access to our other courses, private groups, and a huge community of pet influencers that are here to help you.
Now what? Join the discussion!
What fears do you have about starting a pet blog? Leave a comment down below and join the discussion!