by: Carol Bryant
Oh yes! Mom bloggers and pet bloggers have a tremendous amount in common.With an estimated 73 million people owning pets in the United States (and many many more beyond our borders), bloggers who write about their families of both the human and pet variety are united.
PR Daily recently reported 74 percent of women bloggers having kids under 18 living at home. We also know a large population of those bloggers have dogs. For me, having been to all three conferences (Ohio, Denver, and Virginia), the networking and in-person connections with brands and fellow bloggers has been immeasurable. Yes, I am a pet owner, but more importantly, I am a pet parent. With Salt Lake City just around the corner, BlogPaws is proud to welcome professional blogger, Kathy Dalton, to our community.
Kathy has been blogging at DanishMama.com and has been blogging for 5 years."I have a passion for social media and do social media and marketing consulting. In addition, I am the CEO of a natural skin care line, Little Stinker, that has nursing products of moms and a baby butt spray (yes, it can be used on pets)," Dalton says.
Does she mind being called a mom blogger? "I don’t mind being called a “mom blogger”. Yes, I’m a mom and yes I blog. But my blog isn’t just about parenthood or being a mother. I prefer to be considered a professional blogger," she says. Well stated, Kathy.
Living in Salt Lake City, Kathy will be at the BlogPaws 2012 conference. We were curious why she blogs. In her own words:
- I blog because I enjoy sharing my Danish heritage and culture family traditions with others.
- Family is my number one priority and I left my corporate job to be home full-time.
- Our pets are a part of our lifestyle and we enjoy taking them hiking and cross-country skiing.
- Over the years, I’ve gotten to know some really great people and brands online and have enjoyed supporting their businesses and promoting them. One soul sister I met is Melissa Tokstad owner the Melika Store in hood River, Oregon. I love spotlighting other Scandinavians in America. So, if you have Scandinavian heritage, email me!
- Through blogging I’ve had some unique opportunities, like being interviewed by the Associated Press, been featured in national magazines and written for other blogs.
- The thing that I’ve loved the most about blogging is the community and the opportunity to support and help each other. I believe strongly in giving back and hold a diaper drive twice a year to provide diapers to families in need.
An avid learner, Kathy looks forward to the educational sessions and networking. A really fun fact we found out about Kathy: She was born in Odense, Denmark, and English is her second language.
Where to connect with Kathy: Danish Mama, Kathy on Facebook, and on Twitter: www.twitter.com/kathydaltonslc & www.twitter.com/danishmama.
Come to Salt Lake City, meet Kathy, and join in the fabulous 3-day event: BlogPaws 2012
Hurry, time is ticking and BlogPaws 2012 is just around the corner!
Thanks for the interview! Looking forward to meeting you in real life!