Post by Blog Manager Robbi Hess
As we wind down from summer and up into the winter months and holidays, finding ideas (and time) to write might be at a premium! To help you with the ideas, here are more than 30 blog prompts to inspire your creativity for November.
- Adopt a Senior Pet — share your senior pet story
- National Entrepreneurship — write about what being an entrepreneur in the pet industry means to you (freedom, extra money, portability, being seen as an expert, etc.)
- National Memoir Writing — write your pets’ or your memoir
- National Novel Writing Month (NANOWRIMO) — can you churn out 50,000 words on a novel? Take the challenge! I’ve done it, and won it, two times!
- Pet Diabetes Awareness — do you have a pet with diabetes or want to share pet health tips
- Canine Epilepsy Awareness
- National Pet Cancer Awareness
- Nov. 2-8: National Animal Shelter Appreciation — go to your local shelter and write a few spotlight articles to help the pets find homes for the holidays!
- Nov. 15-21: Rodent Awareness — do you have rodents, ever wondered about owning rodents? Write about it.
- Nov. 1 is National Author Day
- Nov 1. is Go Cook For Your Pet Day
- Nov. 11 is Veteran’s Day
- Nov. 15 is I Love To Write Day — write about your love of writing or how you got into writing. Share your story!
- Nov. 17 is National Black Cat Day
- Nov. 19 National Get A Friend For Your Pet Day
- Nov 22 is National Humane Society Anniversary Day
- Nov. 23 is Dr. Who Day (Okay, this one might just be for me and my benefit!)
- Nov.25 is International Hat Day — show us your pet in a hat
- Nov 26 is Thanksgiving
- Nov. 27 is Black Friday — blog about whether you shop that day and why. Let us know what gifts you buy for your pets on your excursion!
- Nov. 30 is Stay Home Because You’re Well Day — have fun with this and write some excuses you’d use to call in sick — if you weren’t your own boss!
- Nov. 30 is Cyber Monday
General Topic Ideas
- Explain what autumn and autumn leaves and smells are like — from your dog’s point of view
- Check out Pinterest, choose a craft or a recipe, make it and share the process in photo, video and/or words on your blog
- Write a blog post in 25 lines or fewer! This will force you to truly focus in on a topic (fun but hard)
- Make up a hashtag to use for your blog or your business, tell us why, claim it and then use it!
- What were you doing last year at this time? How have you progressed?
- You’re going to adopt a pet other than the species you currently own – what would you adopt and why?
- Blog about something new you learned this month.
- Blog about something you want to learn next month and why
- Do a video of a blog post you’d written in the past. Rework and reuse your content.
- Write a blog post inspired by the words: magic, outdoors and fur-kid
- Pretend you’re an advice columnist. What is the most pressing issue that your pet would want an answer to?
- Share some holiday safety tips for keeping your pets safe from human holiday food and to keeping them comfortable when you have a houseful of guests
- Write your intentions for getting your blogging and other work done during the crush of the holidays
- Send a letter to your future self. Blog about where you want to be next year at this time
Ready. Set. Write!